The Modern Classroom believes in radical milieus that challenge the constructs of the existing society and build a sustainable future. With the purpose of realising human unity, we travel to Pondicherry, to the ‘Experimental Township’ - Auroville!
A universal town with congruence of all creeds, politics and nationalities helps students gain a futuristic and revolutionary vision. They inculcate an innate understanding of collaborative peace and progressive harmony, gaining an alternative creative perspective on foundations of a universal utopian society.
What is a universal town? How is an ideal society built?
- Exploring an Experimental Township
- Garbology Workshop
- Transforming Recycled Newspaper into Art & Accessories
- Paper Mache, Coiling Bowls & Baskets Weaving Workshop
- Visit Matrimandir - ‘Park of Unity’
- Instrument Making & Sound Healings
- Sustainable & Conscious Fashion
How will the Tour Help Students?
- Waste Management & Resource Conservation
- Analysis, Critical Thinking & Action
- Creative Problem Solving
- Immersing in City’s History & Heritage
- Future-Conscious Progressive & Simplistic Lifestyle
- Empowerment through Local Livelihood
Did you Know?
Did you know 1kg of garbage we dispose of in our bins produces 40kgs of waste upstream?