The Cold Desert
The Modern Classroom promotes cultural explorations through reflective practices. We take young travellers to the breath-taking and awe-inspiring historical capital of the ‘Himalayan Kingdom’ - Leh!
The charming aura of remote hilltop monasteries and transcendent enchanting mountains, the city offers striking discoveries into its Tibetan culture. Known as a cold desert it offers delightful cuisine, quaint architecture, amiable people and a tranquil aura. The experience is both exhilarating and educative, inculcating diverse cultural perspective in our students.
What is the highest desert city in Himalayas? What are its dramatic landscapes?
- Land in the Highest Commercial Airport in the Country
- Treasure Hunt & Cycling Excursion around the Desert City
- Visit the Renowned Shanti Stupa
- Drive through Khardung La Pass
- Ride on Double Humped Bactrian Camels Hundar Dunes
- Serene Walk of the Pangong Tso, The High Grassland Lake
- Interaction at Snow Leopard Conservancy India Trust [SLC- IT]
- Workshop with [SECMOL] on Water Conservation
- Visit Druk Padma Karpo School in Shey Village
How will the Tour Help Students?
- Snow Leopard Conservation & Community Building
- Climate Change & Water Conservation
- Understanding Indigenous Tribal Societies
- Cutting Edge 21st Century Architecture & Design
- Interactive Local Cultural Immersion
Did you Know?
Did you know it is the highest motorable pass in world?