Surf & Turf
The Modern Classroom thrives on building grounding and exploratory experiences for our young travellers through. We discover the splendour of coastal Tamil Nadu at India’s first ‘Surfing Village’ - Covelong!
The secluded fishing village is a tranquil as well as thrilling destination on the east coast of India. We create an instinctual awareness about our cultural diversity as a country, engaging our young travellers in its colonial history while displaying a present-day contrast through practical exploration.
What are eastern coastal cultures? How does a fishing village thrive?
- Witness Sea Turtle Hatchlings Released into the Ocean
- Crocodile Bank Zoo-Keeper Workshop
- Snake Venom Extraction
- Pitching a Tent & Building a Campfire
- Interactive Tour of Fisherman’s Village with Surfing Workshop
- Scavenger Hunt at UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Mahabalipuram
- Exploratory Architectural Tour of Dakshinchitra
How will the Tour Help Students?
- Marine Exposure
- Outdoor Survival Skills
- Team Building through Beach Sports
- Traditional & Architectural Immersion
- Creative Expression
Did you Know?
Did you know crocodiles appeared on Earth at the same time as the dinosaurs and you can find ‘Jaws’, the largest one in captivity in India at MCBT?